QuickTips™: January 1099s by QuickBooks® Made Easy™
This month’s QuickBooks® Made Easy™ QuickTips™ helps you learn how to get the 1099’s out of QuickBooks to send to your independent contractors. The IRS requires these forms to be sent out by January 31st. This tip will work with all Editions of QuickBooks®.
Did you know it was really easy to get the 1099’s issued to your independent contractors using QuickBooks®? Well this month I walk you through how to set up your QuickBooks® to issue 1099’s using the 1099 Wizard. You do not need to worry if you haven’t set this up yet. You can set things up now and be able to get 1099’s for amounts paid in 2013.
On another note, in this month’s QuickTips™ I also demonstrate my frustrations with Windows 8 as well as providing my friend Scott’s social security number for the World Wide Web to see (Just kidding Scott!).
What’s covered in this Month’s QuickTips™:
- Turning on the 1099 feature in QuickBooks
- Setting up 1099’s using the wizard
- Indicating which Vendors get 1099’s
- Mapping of Accounts (Choose which accounts include expenses reportable on a 1099)
- Reviewing and Excluding payments that should not be on the 1099 (Debit, Gift Card, and Paypal)
- Printing or E-Filing your 1099’s and the 1096
Please visit our blog to see additional information regarding 1099’s
Want more from QuickBooks® Made Easy™? Subscribe to our YouTube channel, visit us on our Website https://quickbooksmadeeasy.com,
or sign up for our Newsletter http://eepurl.com/uUCGr