Tracking Your Investment Accounts in QuickBooks Desktop
August 16th, 2023
On-Demand Webinar Desktop
Please purchase this webinar to view.
Does your nonprofit have investment accounts with stocks, mutual funds and a money market component? Do you receive donations of stock into these accounts and occasionally transfer money in and out of these accounts? Do you earn investment income, have stock sales and purchases, incur investment fees and struggle with how to enter this activity in your QuickBooks file.
In this first-time session, Gregg will walk through how to finally enter, track and even reconcile all of your investment activity correctly. Your board and the accountant will be thrilled!
After this session you will be able to:
- Finally make sense of that confusing investment statement
- Enter all activity in your investment account each month including
- Dividends, Interest and Capital Gains
- Purchases, Sales and Reinvestments
- Contributions of stock
- Transfers in and out
- Investment Fees
- Realized and UNREALIZED gains and losses
- Quickly Reconcile the account to the statements
- Report on Investment activity to your board