What: TechSoup Free Webinar: QuickBooks for Houses of Worship: Understanding Pastor Payroll
One of the most confusing parts of running any business is handling payroll. For a house of worship, the confusion is magnified when pastors are involved. Suddenly, in addition to your standard employees, you’re dealing with “dual status” employees and housing allowances.
Perhaps you’ve been wondering
- What does “dual status” mean?
- Who can be considered a pastor?
- Should I report pastor compensation on a W2 or a 1099?
- How do we determine a housing allowance?
- Can our church withhold taxes for our pastor?
Join House of Worship accounting and QuickBooks experts Barbara Starley, CPA, and Gregg S. Bossen, CPA, in this high-demand webinar.
In this webinar we are going to cover
- Similarities and differences between pastors and standard employees
- The definition and qualifications of a “dual status” employee
- How to report pastor compensation to the IRS
- Best practices for determining, paying, and reporting housing allowances
- Typical concerns and misconceptions about withholding taxes
When: Tuesday, November 24th
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. EST (11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. PST)
*This training is for users of both the Desktop and Online versions of QuickBooks*
Check out our on-demand courses!